Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Little Pick-me-Up

I've been under the weather since last Friday. Spent Friday afternoon in bed, all day Saturday in bed, and most of Sunday and Monday in bed. All the beautiful weather that Jim and Maci were outside enjoying, and I was sick. I missed the first cookout of the season at my Mom's on Sunday. Grilled steak, baked potatoes, yum, yum, yum. But, I was sick in bed. Anyway, on Tuesday, I was feeling a little better until a little pick-me-up showed up...then I felt great! Little Miss Kensley came to visit. Holding a sweetie like her and anyone would instantly feel better. She babbled, smiled, and even walked a few steps with me holding on to her fingers. She was all dressed for Spring in her little capri's and sandals.
Oh, there is nothing as sweet as a little one holding on to your neck. As if her visit wasn't enough to cheer anyone, she brought me gifts. A list making pad and a Springy pad of post-it-notes. CaSandra knows me so well. Everyone will be tired of my lists and notes before the day is over. CaSandra even said that Little Miss Kensley swiped these off the shelf as she was riding in the shopping cart. Evidently Kensley knows just what I like.
Thanks CaSandra, you really brightened my day. And now, I'm off to make a few lists......

No comments: