Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Have the Sweetest Husband.....In Case You Didn't Know!

 Jim and Maci went to Disney World in Florida last week.  I haven't posted about their trip yet, because I have tons of pictures.   Pictures that Maci sent me on my iPhone.  Pictures that Jim sent me on my iPhone.  Pictures Maci took with her phone.  Pictures Maci took with her camera.  Pictures Jim took with his iPod.  Get the picture?  Anyway, as soon as I can upload those, I will definitely post about their trip.  I missed them like crazy, but they did have a GREAT time!

Back to why my husband is the sweetest.....
When I was about 6-8 years old, my Uncle Kenneth bought me a Minnie Mouse watch.  Nobody else had one, and I had never seen one in a store either.  I really, really liked that watch.  It was red and Minnie's hands moved and told the time.  One year at Vacation Bible School, my mother was teaching a class.  When it was time for my group to go outside to play, I didn't want to loose my watch so I went to her classroom, she helped me take it off, and we put it in one of her bags that she carried back and forth to church, with her teaching materials.  When we got home that evening I went to get my watch and we could not find it.  We went back to the church and hunted for it and never did locate it.  I don't know if someone stole it (from VBS nonetheless) or if it accidentally got thrown away.  I talk of that watch often.  I know my girls have heard the story more times than they probably cared to.  It was always so sad to me because I loved that watch, and I loved the fact that my Uncle Kenneth had gotten it for me.  I repeat the story every so often to Jim, the girls, and to anyone that will listen.  It is a very sad story.  I recently found one on ebay that best matches what I remember mine looking like.


The cost on ebay is $339.

Well, back again to why my husband is the sweetest. 
While at Disney, guess what he bought me........


That's right.......a Minnie Mouse watch.  Minnie's hands move and tell the time.  I didn't even have a clue that he was going to get me one!  Come on, he may be the sweetest......but, he is also the cheapest!  He just got me a nice Fossil watch two years ago for my birthday and I wear it everyday.  He knew that I didn't even need a watch.  But, he got me one anyway!   I could have cried.
It's perfect!

 They also came back with a bunch of Disney goodies. 
Everything is so much cuter and yummier when in the shape of Mickey's head....and only at Disney World!


*Someone is coming home tomorrow....three guesses who!  I can't wait to hug her neck!*

Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty.  Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.  Revelation 15:3

No comments: