Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vacation

 This week Jim and I are celebrating our 25 year anniversary!  We had said that we were going to go to Hawaii on our 10th, but we were heart high in the middle of grade school activities, then on our 15th and 20th we were experiencing and enjoying high school, and now on our 25th we are paying for college - ha!  Anyway, we skipped the Hawaii vacation and flew to Myrtle Beach together.  I just needed a vacation - in a BIG way!  This was the first time that Jim had flown.  I was a little worried about him at first.  Made sure that he knew that they wouldn't land the plane and let him off if he didn't like it and that once he was in South Carolina he HAD to get back on the plane to get home.  He couldn't change his mind.  This first picture made me a little worried, but he loved it.  We flew out of Charleston at 6:15am on a rainy, windy morning.  There was quite a bit of turbulence. 
I told him that if he looked at me on takeoff or during landing and my eyes were closed, not to worry or disturb me - I pray through both - and I did!  He spent his whole time looking out of the window.  I must admit, it is quite a beautiful, breathtaking view.  Only God could create and orchestrate a view like this!



 We landed in Atlanta and then got on our second flight to Myrtle Beach.  
Our days were consumed with reclining and watching the ocean, napping, eating, the lazy river, watching the ocean during the late evenings, and just lots of relaxing. 


Jim spent alot of time "body surfing" (and I am using that term loosely). 




We enjoyed the beach Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  On Friday we flew out of South Carolina at 11:40am. 
We arrived back in West Virginia, and headed to watch Maci and the RHS football game at Nitro.  

I am so very thankful for my husband!  We had a great time......and will make it to Hawaii one day!  Although, I don't mind spending the rest of my life right here in WV sharing it with him. 
(We did really miss our girls!!)

My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you.  John 15:12

No comments: