Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

I still cannot hardly write 2009. Where have the last 20 years gone? I see evidence of their passing. I remember sights, joys, emotions, and heartaches they have left seared on my heart. I see three beautiful young women. I feel Jim's touch. But still, I don't remember them passing so fast. I'm saddened that as things change, I can't remember all the little details. The last diaper I changed. The last walk to and from elementary school with the girls. The last time Jim gave the girls their baths at the end of the day, carried them to bed and tucked them in. The many, many good times I have had with dear friends that are no longer a daily part of my life. As the past 20 years have been one blessing right after the other, I confidently look ahead to many more blessings, and know that they will come because I am a child of God. And I can move confidently forward because I know that he loves and cares for those dearest to me much, much more than I am capable of. With all these memories and thoughts that I hold very close to my heart, I excitedly more forward into another year that promises to be exciting and full of memories. We will have a wedding, and will welcome a son in to our hearts and lives. Morgan is ready to leave for TN again. It amazes me that how just having her home for a month erases the pain of her being gone for four. And how, now that it is time for her to leave again, the pain is also there again. She will finish her first year of architecture school. Maci will begin her second year of high school. Molli will move out. And with that, Jim will excitedly get his man room. As I finish reflecting on the passing of time, and crying while the girls and Tyler make fun of me, I know that in a few years they will have these same feelings in their heart.
While all these changes swirl around me, it is comforting to know whose I am. That God always loves me. That he only wants what is best for me. And, that he is always near to guide and comfort.
In finishing, I find it only fitting to close stating that as these times change, I've still got the love of my life. And, he's still the one I run to....the one that I belong to...
..... the one I want for life... .....he's still the one I love....
.....the only one I dream of......
.....still the one I kiss goodnight!
Thank goodness he's loved me for the past 25 years,
and I pray that it will be another 50, at the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can say, i'm ashamed that i took these pictures. lol.