Sunday, January 11, 2009

My New Quilt (A Christmas Gift from Mom)

Mom hand quilted a quilt for me for a Christmas gift this year. It is a "tumbling block" pattern. She HAND stitched each piece of this quilt. A gift like this is better than any store bought gift. There were many, many hours spent with needle and thread in hand. It truly is a labor of love. Here it is on our bed. We have an extra memory foam mattress on our bed which makes it much taller than normal. So that means that quilts have to be bigger than a king size quilt.
My brother and sister-in-law got me a gift certificate to Mill Creek Trading Company (my favorite non-clothing store!) for Christmas and it burnt a hole in my pocket till I went and bought this picture for our room.

These pictures really do NOT do the quilt justice. It is beautiful. I decided a long time ago that I'm going to enjoy gifts like this quilt instead of folding it up and storing it away so that it won't get ruined. With proper care, I'll get to enjoy and still pass it on to the girls and hopefully grandchildren some day.

1 comment:

CaSandra said...

I am so jealous!

I LOVE your quilt; and the fact that your mom made it... how special!

Your room looks awesome :)