Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A head-on crash on an icy road

After the Christmas parade, I went with Tyler and Molli to Flatwoods Road to bake Christmas cookies with the women in Tyler's family. The roads were horrible. I mean slick. As in ice. We made it to Ravenswood, me with my eyes closed, before a car tried to stop in front of us which caused Tyler to start sliding. We missed the car, but collided head-on with an oncoming van. Since I had my eyes closed, I could feel that we were sliding, and Tyler was saying "Oh No", but he's such a big kidder, I thought it was a joke...until impact. Tyler got out, and the other fellow was standing with his back to us talking on the phone. When Tyler slammed his truck door, we started sliding right toward this fellow. Molli and I were both yelling "move, move". We stopped right before reaching him. Everyone was OK, but I was so rattled (and crying of course) that I just needed to talk to Jim. Called him up, at which point, I understand from Maci, he put me on speaker phone in Wal-Mart. Thanks alot for the support buddy. Anyway, no police could come because none were available. They were already all out on other wrecks. Tyler's mom, Teresa came and got Molli and I and took us to her sisters house. After we were there, we had a good time. I got to hold and play with Kensley. (I took alot of cute pictures of her but they were deleted from the camera somehow). When it was time to go home, CaSandra's husband Rob came and got us in his 4-wheel drive truck. Thanks Rob! It was quite an eventful day.
Tyler's truck.

The 'other' vehicle.


No comments: