Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Oiler Women



Paula took this picture of us on Thanksgiving. Do we look alike? When people say that we do, I consider it a HUGH compliment, but the girls don't like to hear it (who wants to look like their mother)! When Molli was born, she looked EXACTLY like Jim. She was born in November, and when we went Christmas shopping that year, it took forever because everyone stopped us and commented about how she looked exactly like Jim. I loved it for him, he was so proud. Morgan looked like Morgan but as she got older she more resembled me, although she has the same outlook and disposition as Jim. I loved to hear her argue her point (and she did quite often), and stand up for herself. Something that I struggle with, but she and Jim can hold their own. I find comfort in that now that she 'lives' away from home. Maci looked exactly like me when she was smaller. Some of her preschool and grade school pictures I dressed her like me and fixed her hair like mine in my pictures when I was that age and you can't tell which is Maci. When my Dad and Mom would keep her, they said she looked just like me, talked all the time like I did (no surprise, huh) but didn't act like me (evidently she acted like her FATHER). She was very outgoing, witty, and funny. Well, I can't tell you in words how blessed I am to have these daughters. I'm so pleased, and continue to tell them, there will never be anybody in your life, on your side, that loves you like a sister. No matter what happens to Jim or I, you will always have your sisters. I love these girls (rather, young women)!

1 comment:

CaSandra said...

This is a FANTASTIC picture of you guys!

(Must have been taken with a Canon camera, Ha Ha)