Saturday, December 20, 2008

Looking at the Christmas Lights Tradition

Each year during the Christmas season, we pick one night and the girls put on their pj's, get a blanket, and settle in to drive around and look at Christmas lights. Jim is again in the Christmas spirit.
(This hat has stayed in my car all season, and Jim wears it every time we travel somewhere.)
We always drive thru somewhere and get something to eat while we look. This year was McDonalds. It used to be Happy Meals, but we've long outgrown those.

This house is beautiful all year long. She decorates for each season or holiday. I've even gotten to take an inside tour and the inside is every bit as beautiful as the outside.

It just looks like a picture from a book.





Jim's best childhood friend, Kendall, grew up in this house. We took a picture because his mother tells me she reads my blog. Nice decorations Ron and Mildred!

The real reason we celebrate!

These lights are at Cedar Lakes. The lighted displays are truly amazing. People tell me that Cedar Lakes is much better than the lights at Wheeling.


This gingerbread boy jumping on the trampoline is my favorite.



If you decide to travel to Cedar Lakes to view the lights, give us a call, we live very close.

1 comment:

CaSandra said...

I'm jealous... I would have LOVED to have seen the lights, and eat some McDonalds! Yum-o!

Looks like you had a good time :)