Saturday, December 20, 2008

Morgan's 19th Birthday

Morgan turned 19 years old on Sunday, December 14th. It is so hard to believe. Just yesterday she was little, playing T-ball, singing in the Kings Kids Choir, and playing outside with her friends. Collecting rocks, playing with dolls, and walking to elementary school. Time goes by so, so fast. Today, she has the world in the palm of her hands. She's made good choices for herself, acted wisely, and demonstrated Godly wisdom in her life.
I can so vividly remember the morning she was born. Molli and I were at Dad and Mom's and Jim was working at 84 Lumber in Catlettsburg, KY not due back to my parents until about midnight. At around 7:30pm I felt as though I was having contractions. I was lying on the couch and Dad was in his chair next to me watching TV. He got a couple of phone calls and I remember him telling them that I thought I was in labor but he was sure it was just false labor. As the evening progressed and I wanted to go to the hospital he continued to tell me that there really wasn't any need because my mother did this and they just sent her home every time. (She made Dad take her to the hospital about three times when she was pregnant with my brother, and each time Dad just had to bring her home because as soon as they got to the hospital her contractions stopped.) I asked a few more times to go to the hospital and each time Dad reassured me that there really wasn't any need to go now. When Jim came in around midnight, I remember going to him in tears stating that I REALLY needed to get to the hospital. While I was in the bedroom getting ready to go, I could hear him in the hall telling my Dad that we were going, to which Dad replied...Go ahead if you want, but I'm sure they'll just send you home. Anyway, myself, Jim and my brother Fred headed to Charleston to Women's and Children's hospital. On the way, I grew VERY uncomfortable. When we reached the hospital and they wheeled me to my room, they said that we would have a baby within the hour. It was a little longer than that...Morgan Faith Oiler was born at 5:53am. A little girl! We were thrilled! We named her Emma, but after a few hours it was evident that she wasn't an Emma...she WAS a Morgan!
Where has the time gone?


1 comment:

CaSandra said...

I had NO idea that she was Emma first - Morgan just seems so fitting :)