Saturday, November 8, 2008

Country Roads Take Me Home.....


Isn't this breathtaking? The trees are just so beautiful. Every morning on the way down the hill, I say to Maci, isn't this just breathtaking. Now I just say, Oh Maci, and she finishes with I know, this is just breathtaking. Although she says it somewhat sarcastically, I still answer, "yes, Mace, it certainly is." I prefer to live in town, while Jim prefers to live about 100 miles away from the nearest neighbor, so we compromise and live about 5 minutes out of town. Which is very fortunate because there are days that I make about five trips in to town and back. Although I prefer a city dwelling, I just could not imagine not taking in this beautiful scene everyday. Each morning, along with the proclamation of isn't this breathtaking, I also sing (out loud) Country Roads Take Me Home till Maci turns the radio up loud enough to drown me out. Oh well, with beauty like this all around, how could you not praise God all the way down the hill? The scenery, being able to take Maci to school, having a warm house and a gorgeous husband to return to at the end of the day, plenty of food (too much actually), great friends, and family close by, it does just take my breath away. It really is breathtaking!

No comments: