Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Very Happy Thanksgiving

Why was it a Very Happy Thanksgiving? Why am I so thankful? Here is the reason. All my people together! Jim's girls! Our kids! You don't know, or can't even imagine, how wonderful it was to have all the girls, and Tyler too, with us for the day. These are "The Sisters". This is my mother, Cookie, and her sister, my Aunt Janice. They are responsible for all the DELICIOUS food. They fix the meal, and the rest of us just bring desserts. We all gather at Pete and Janices for the Thanksgiving Meal. Jim snacking at the table before lunch. We ALL do it, but I only got a picture of Jim. Everyone enjoying the meal, outside on the new deck. Pete had enclosed it in plastic and had portable heaters set up around the room. It was so nice and comfortable out there. Plenty of room to eat and visit and laugh and tell stories. Just what I look forward to every year. Four generations enjoying each other. (I feel the need to let people know that the bottle on the corner of the table is root beer.)
Just a few of the desserts. Janice's apple dumplings. YUM! YUM! Jim enjoying the end of the day his favorite way.

1 comment:

CaSandra said...

Oh, what yummy treats you had!

And I like the fact you mentioned that the bottle was ROOT BEER - sure! Ha Ha

I'm so glad that everyone was able to gather together for your special day :)