Sunday, November 23, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow (until I have to drive in it)!

On Monday, November 17, I was home during the day and it started snowing, big, big flakes that quickly covered the deck and hillside. I love the first snow of the season! I immediately fixed myself a cup of cappuccino, got a warm blanket, my book I was reading, and sit by the door to enjoy the snow. By the time that Maci got home, there was quite an accumulation on the ground. As much as I LOVE the snow, I HATE driving in it. Jim came home and agreed to take Maci to piano (thank goodness, I thought we might just cancel). By the time Tuesday morning came, I wasn't so much enjoying the snow. It was slick! Maci and I headed out at 6:30am to Ripley. I had her praying all the way to town! God answered our prayers, we made it safe, although my knuckles were white from squeezing the steering wheel so tightly. Who hasn't caught snow on their tongue? How fun!

1 comment:

Dittman said...

Our big snow day was Tuesday of that week. The phone rang at 5:00 and it was Bronlynn. I could not get to the phone fast enough so she left a message. Right away we thought something was wrong, when it hit me. I screamed with anticipation, "Did it snow?" Yes and school was canceled for the day. I am just like a kid. I did the "snoopy dance" and began to get my guy's lunch and breakfast ready. I turned on the porch light so it would illuminate the back yard and I could watch the snow fall and blanket the ground. After I got W off I grabbed some coffee, curled up on the plush sofa and watched it snow. It was barely light out. I loved it!!