Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My 'New' Iron Bed


I have wanted an iron bed forever. My Uncle Kenneth and Aunt Aletha recently moved into their dream farm house at Staats Mill and didn't have room for their iron bed. They have always been so, so good to me. They offered me the bed, which I immediately said I'd love to have. I went with Kenneth, one day after work, to their storage unit and loaded it in to his truck and he brought it to the house where he and Jim put it in the garage. It was a greyish, blue that matched Aletha's decor perfectly, but I wanted to paint it black. I painted it, and painted it, and painted it out there in the garage till I finally got the color right. Just last night Jim moved it in to our room and we slept on it for the first time. I got up at about 4am to go to the bathroom and ran right in to the foot board post! It about scared me to death. I put the Christmas quilt on it this morning, and I love it. Just thought you might like to see it for yourself. Thanks Kenneth and Aletha!!!

2 comments:

Dittman said...

Your bed is beautiful!! I still do not have a headboard, but one day when I see it, the one I have been looking for, I will have to have it.

CaSandra said...

I LOVE your new bed... and ironically enough, we ordered the SAME quilt last year (but I got the wrong size, so I had to send it back)

Your house looks SO WARM AND COZY, I can almost hear the Christmas music playing in the background and smell the chex mix!