Sunday, April 3, 2011

Family Photo?

At our church, a few months ago, we had pictures taken for our church directory.  We received an 8x10 of the photo in the mail yesterday.  It looks so strange to me with only one child.  I explained to the salesman that not only did we just have family pictures taken in the Fall, but also that Maci was our youngest child and that we had two more daughters.  I didn't want to purchase very many  photo's because this wasn't our family, we had a daughter and son-in-law, and a daughter in TN in college.  The salesman was a different nationality, and spoke with an accent.  His reply to me was...."Ma'am, once a child goes to college, they don't ever come back home.  They are gone, this is your family now."  Gone?  I am sure, if you know me, you can only imagine what my response was.  I, politely informed him that yes, my daughter does come home from college.  And, that this was not my new family, my family included three more people at the present time.  And, no we would not be purchasing any photos, but thank you for your time.
They never come back home....he chose the wrong person to use that selling strategy on!
This is my new family?  What?
Anyway.....who is that older looking couple with the beautiful girl?

"Have faith in God, "Jesus answered.  Mark 11:22

1 comment:

Jan said...

Good for you! That would have absolutely made me lose my nice girl badge!