Monday, April 25, 2011

Recognition for Maci

 Each month at one of the meetings of the Jackson County Board of Education, time is set aside on the agenda to honor those students in the school system who, through their own efforts, have brought recognition to themselves and the school system.  Maci was cordially invited to be honored at the board of education meeting held Tuesday, April 19, 2011.

Maci was honored for being selected and participating in the All - State Chorus and for trying out, being selected, and participating in the West Virginia All - State Chamber Choir.





We are so proud of you Maci James Oiler!

*Just a funny note.....I was in Florida at the time of the meeting so Jim took her.  She is wearing her Easter dress, which is something I'm pretty fanatical about - not wearing it until Easter Sunday morning to church.  Someone posted pictures of the meeting on Facebook and when I saw it while in Florida, I just had to sort of chuckle to myself.  What a stinker!  I asked Jim if she asked him if she could wear it, and he said he remember hearing her say something to the effect of...ha, I'm wearing my Easter dress!  What a sinker!*

No comments: