Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Morning

 "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified.  He has risen!  He is not here!  See the place where they laid him.  Mark 16:6

I love Easter.  Hope!  A promise!  New Life!

We do lots of things on Easter that have absolutely nothing to do with Easter.  But, I am very thankful that my children and family know the real reason that we are celebrating.....Jesus arose and is alive today!

We spent alot of time with our family this Easter, and I took alot of pictures, so I am going to separate the day into a few posts.

Morgan could not come home this Easter (the first time ever).  Very sad about that!  She had a huge project due on Monday so she spent most of the weekend in the studio.  One of the other WV students mother came down to TN and prepared Easter dinner for her daughter and her friends.  I was very thankful for that.  I did not want the holiday to pass by without something special happening for the celebration. 
 I prepared a Easter basket for Morgan and one for her boyfriend Gus before I left for Florida.  I boxed them up, addressed the box, and had a note posted on the sides that said...."Do Not Open Till Easter Morning"!  Jim mailed the box while I was gone.  I don't think that they followed the directions on the box!

This was Morgan's Easter "basket"....a Tennessee bag with lots of architecture supplies and some candy.
Gus' Easter "basket"....a few architecture supplies and candy.

 Maci's Easter "basket"....a monogramed bag, movies (two of which didn't come in time), candy, and toys.

 Easter Morning




 Jim's Easter "basket"....a movie, Marshall under armor t-shirt, and an ipod.
 Opening his goodies.



 Then there was alot of this going on...."what do I do now, Maci?",  "how do I do this or that, Maci?", "where do I go to get this, Maci", and on and on and on.....



This is my Easter "basket"....a Vera Bradley purse (that Molli picked out and Jim bought for me) and the goodies inside from Molli and Tyler...a coupon book, socks, lotion, and candy.  I LOVED it!  What a nice surprise! 

As promised, more Easter posts to come.......

No comments: