Saturday, April 2, 2011

Family ~ Healing through the Grieving

 After Enos passed away, and the reality settled in, the grieving process began and will continue days, months, years.  A big part of the healing process is being with family.  And, Enos loved his family.  Each and everyone one of them.  I consider it a blessing to be a part of his family and will be eternally grateful for the values he instilled in Jim.  Through Enos' actions, much more than his words, Jim learned the value of work.  I am so glad that Jim learned from Enos' work ethic.  Jim has never been afraid of hard work.  I doubt that Enos ever called in sick and missed work, and the same is true of Jim.  Enos provided well for his family, as does Jim.  Also, Enos was very frugal, as is Jim.  I can still remember the first time I heard Jim walk through the house turning off lights and mumbling to me about having every light in the house on.  At that very moment, I remember telling him he sounded just like Enos.  I hope that he knew what a compliment that was.  I also remember the first time Jim felt that the girls were spending too much time in the shower, letting the water run.  He banged on the door and yelled for them to hurry up.  He then turned around to me with a blank look on his face and said....I sound just like Pop when he used to stomp on the floor because I was spending too much time in the shower letting the water run.
I do not remember, ever having heard Pop say one bad or negative word about anyone.  Ever.  He was very proud of his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

Following are some pictures of the days following Enos' death.  It was nice to be together to celebrate the life of a hero.

Virginia with her only great-grandchildren,
Riley and Grayson Smith

Molli and Grayson ~ beautiful blondes.

Molli and Maci

Sibling love ~ Riley and Grayson

 Molli and her hero, her dad, Jim.

 Riley. 
It was hard to get a picture of this dude.  I guess boys don't like to pose for pictures like girls do.  I had no idea - ha!

Four Generations
Jeni Smith, Rose Owens, Grayson Smith, and Virginia Oliver

Three Generations
Rose Owens, Grayson Smith, and Jeni Smith

The Smith's (minus Riley).

Grandma and Grandson (Riley and Rose).

Cousins
Donna Brown Clonch, Diana Brown Legg, James Franklin Oiler, Karen Oliver Keller, Rose Oliver Owens

Jim and his great nephew, Riley

Jim and his great niece, Grayson. 
 {Just a few short years ago, it was Jim holding his own little blonde headed girl - sniff, sniff}.

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered.  Mark 11:22

No comments: