Monday, April 11, 2011

A Two Day Birthday Celebration

 The birthday celebration began a day before my actual birthday.  Uncle Kenneth and Aunt Aletha brought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers on Thursday evening.  Paula stopped by and brought me a gift, a book.


The girls at work decorated my office for my arrival on Thursday morning. 

 They brought in lunch and my favorite, an Italian creme birthday cake.  They lit 46 candles and when they brought it up front, I had a customer.  By the time my customer had left, the candles had melted completely down on to the cake.  We just had to eat around the wax ~ha!
 On Friday, Molli stopped by and brought a gift from her and Tyler.  The gift and wrapping matched my outfit ~ so we had to have a picture. {Vera Bradley luggage tag and contact case ~ love it}.
 The girls at work bought me a gift of three picture frames and a Willow Tree figurine.  {On Thursday, they gave me a gag gift of two dolls that were hideous.  I knew that they had better taste than that!}  Grandma Ruth took me to lunch at Bob Evans on Friday.  She also bought me a Willow Tree figurine.
After work on Friday, Maci had a tennis match so Jim and I went to the City Park to watch.  We got home around 9pm and Molli, Tyler, and Gidget were at the house waiting.  I received a gift from Jim.....
 YAY!  A tv for our bathroom.  I know that may sound strange, but every morning getting ready for work, I listen to the TV in our bedroom for the weather and news.  If I'm in the bathroom and something interesting comes on, I have to leave the bathroom to watch and listen.  And, if Jim happens to be off work, I don't want to disturb him, so I miss the weather and have no idea how to dress for the day.  I've wanted a TV in there for a while now.
 We had ice cream birthday cake.
 Tyler lighting the candles.

 My wish came true.
 Jim personalized it for me.
 My Birthday Gifts.  Thanks so much to my family and friends for making the day extra special.
 Gidget came to the party too.


 The TV all set up and ready to watch.
 This was a gift from Pastor Jack.  He announced to the congregation that I was 50 years old.  Wow!  Nothing wrong with being 50 ~ I'm just not!  I told him that a gift makes forgiveness so much easier, and this sure did.  He's all forgiven!

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  Psalm 18:2

No comments: