Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ripley's Chocolate Festival

 Let me first start this post with a
Happy Birthday!
to my cousin, Paula!
Hope that you have a day that is as special as you!!

Today was the Chocolate Festival in Ripley.  The festival began with a parade.  Because it was very rainy today, the RHS Marching Band did not get to march in the parade.  It made me sad that we didn't get to see our Maci leading the band.  :(  But, the parade must go on. 

Mayor, Carolyn Rader, dressed as a M&M, along with a couple friends.
(These pictures were taken while sitting in the car, looking through the rainy windshield.)

 This picture is funny because an employee of Taco Bell just ran out to gather some candy.  I don't have pictures, but because she was the ONLY person on the street, as the parade went along EVERY SINGLE float and vehicle threw their candy at her.  It was hilarious......I'm sure that she got very wet, but she had ALOT of candy.
 The end of the parade.....and Chief of Police, R.L. Fridley.
 
 The parade ended at McCoy's where vendors had booths set up selling every thing chocolate.  The RHS Chorus sang a few songs (about what else....chocolate).  I promise that Maci is somewhere in the bunch.  I never did see her, but she says that she was standing behind Will Mullins (the tall boy in the back - ha!).

I am still confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Psalm 27:13

No comments: