Thursday, February 24, 2011

Leavin' on a Jet Plane.......

 Morgan left today for a trip to Nebraska to tour architectural structures.  I wanted a minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, anything I could get, that would let me know where she was, what she was doing, and that she was OK.

This picture was sent to me in a text at 5:31am.  Waiting to board her flight.

I text back...."Have fun.  And be careful.  Send lots of pictures.  Praying for you!!  Love you bunches!!!!"  No reply.


This next picture was sent to me in a text at 6:06am.  She and Dustin with their tickets.
 I text back....."Yay! Tickets are a good thing to have." 
No reply


This next picture was sent to me in a text at 6:51am.  Her text also said...."That's the whole plane.  I'm gonna have a panic attack  I'm clostraphobic"
 Poor thing, I know how she feels.  I feel the same way on a plane. 
 I text back......"You will be fine.  Just breathe and pray.  Think how fun it's going to be. "No reply.


At 9:21am she sends a text that says, "Hey I'm in Chicago"
I text back....."Ok.  Fun flight?  How did you do?
She replies..."I can't send pictures because of AT&T jam in the airport"
I text back....."Ok.  Just take them and send them when you can.  Having fun?  Love you!


At 1:59pm she sends a text that says, "In omaha"
I text back...."Ok.  Good flights so far?
She replies...."Yeah"


At 2:46pm she sends the following picture in a text and says, "Baseball world series tell pops"



At 3:59pm she sends the following picture and says, "Go herd"
I reply, "How funny.  Dad will love that."
She says, "Does his phone work"
I reply, "Yes."

That's all we've got! 

She is flying back to Tennessee on Sunday.  She is blanketed in prayer, but more prayers would be greatly appreciated by this Momma! 

 Lord, please keep your hand of safety over her, allow her to remain healthy, not to be seperated from the people that she is traveling with, and allow her to gain knowledge and wisdom from this trip.  In Jesus' name.  Amen

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 

1 comment:

Gerry Vanderwijst said...

I am just so glad little Morgan is doing okay. It's so nice to know that there are other good parents out there who really care about their children. The love and concern you have for your children is envious. I hope that you, Jim, Molli Michael, Morgan Faith and Maci James are all happy and healthy. You are such an inspiring family. You all have such great faith.