Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day 6

Jim has gotten me flowers, on numerous occasions, but lots of times for Valentine's Day.  These are from long ago, probably before we were married.  One Valentine's Day will always be my favorite.....I got "flowers in a box".  I will always remember this!  The UPS man came to my work (at City Hall) and delivered a long box for me.  I couldn't imagine what was in that long, brown cardboard box, as I hadn't ordered anything.  Inside the cardboard box, was another long box with the logo of....... flowers.com.  I remember thinking how sweet Jim was and cracking up at the same time.  In the box was a glass vase, a packet of plant food, 12 tulips, and instructions on how to trim and strip the stems, mix the water, and arrange your flowers.  Hahahahahaha!  I have laughed about this numerous, numerous, times through the years.  The thought was was very sweet, but prepare and arrange your own flowers.....I'm cracking up right now just thinking about it.  This was before he really even knew how to use the computer, so I'm sure it took him alot of thought and alot of time to prepare for that Valentine's Day.  I wish that I had a picture of them, because they are probably the most beautiful flowers I have ever received, and they lasted the longest.  But, he did know that tulips are my favorite! 

On to today's happenings.....Maci went to Morgantown with the King's to take Trevor back to school (she's killing her Dad a little at a time).  Jim and I went to church, then to Cracker Barrel for lunch.  It was delicious!  We stopped at Wal-Mart then headed home.  Tonight after church we are going to a Super Bowl Party at the Riffe's.  I'm sure I will have pictures tomorrow. 

And he has given us this command:  Whoever loves God must also love his brother.  I John 4:21

No comments: