Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day 2

 This picture was taken Valentine's Day, February 1994.  Molli was five years old and in Kindergarten,  Morgan was four years old, and Maci was born five months later.  Mom made their dresses to wear to church on the Sunday before Valentine's Day.  The girls always made valentine's for their friends in their Sunday School Classes and took heart shaped cookies for a snack.  They had slept on curlers the night before, and I made their bows.  They have on red heart earrings and a Valentine's Day pin.  If you look closely, they are wearing their Barney watches (although you can't see Morgan's).
My heart is bursting.......I. Loved. Those. Times!!!
 And, I. Love. Now. 
They have grown in to beautiful young women and I so enjoy spending time with them.

On to today's happenings.....I picked Gidgy up from the vet today on my way home from work.  She had a little procedure done today.  She just looked so pitiful I couldn't hardly stand it.  I warmed a towel in the dryer to wrap her in and rocked her for a while.  Jim met me at the car when I got home with her, Tyler texted me three times, and Molli called once to check on her. We aren't even dog people but have become quite fond of Gidgy.  Oh my, what are we all going to be like when there's a baby?   

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  Deuteronomy 6:5

No comments: