Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day 5


 My favorite Valentine's Day candy is JuJu Hearts.  Mom got these for me each Valentine's Day, and even continued to mail them to me after I was married and living in Hurricane, Ceredo, and Gassaway.  I still hunt for them each Valentine's Day and buy a bag or two for myself.

Today was the West Virginia American Choral Directors Association Annual Conference.  What that actually means to us is that Maci tried out, and out of a group of hundreds of High School Chamber Choir members, was chosen to be one of 52 high schoolers to perform in the High School All-State Chamber Choir.  She has stayed in Charleston since Thursday morning practicing with the choir. She performed today at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences of West Virginia.

 (Following is not the entire choir.  I only took my 55-250mm zoom lens with me and could not capture the whole choir from where I sat.)
 Below is conductor, Alferd A. de Jaager.

 Trevor went with us to watch Maci perform (and I'm sure it brought back memories for him, because he has been chosen, and performed with this honor before).
 We are so proud of Maci.  She does, absolutely, have a beautiful voice.  We love to listen to her sing.

My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you. 
John 15:12

1 comment:

Jill said...

So proud of Maci!